[AMRadio] AM QSO party this coming weekend

Larry Szendrei ne1s at securespeed.us
Mon Feb 15 14:54:54 EST 2016

On 2/15/16 12:35 PM, Paul Baldock wrote:

> It's the AM QSO party this coming weekend.
>
> Here's the info
> http://www.antiquewireless.org/awa-amplitude-modulation-qso-party.html. For
> some reason it does not show 15M or 10M operation which is weird.
>
> - Paul   KW7Y

I'll be operating with the W2AN callsign on 75M (and possibly 80M) for
this event. If you're interested in maximizing your points in this event
(some are, many aren't), you'll want to work W2AN on at least one band.
Even if you're not into that aspect, I'll be looking forward to talking
with as many of you as possible next weekend. For those if you
unfamiliar with this QSO Party, it doesn't "feel" like a contest. QSO's
are typically leisurely, like most AM QSOs are, and usually go well
beyond the "required" exchange of callsign, name, and location. Many
times a roundtable develops and people hang around for quite a while.
It's mainly just an excuse to get on AM and have some fun, but with an
emphasis on older gear. But older gear is not required to participate or
even to "win," if you're of that mindset.

73,
-Larry/NE1S