[AMRadio] Petition to FCC for Lifetime licenses

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 19:00:04 EST 2016

Further, there is no equivalence between the GROL which is an operator
license (sort of) and a ham license which is partly a station license
in the sense that it is tied to a location.

If anything I think we should still have to renew every 5 years.  That
kept hams filing address updates.  Yes, the law says they have to
anyway, but how many comply if they don't have to renew as often?

There was a time when you signed an agreement, to renew your _grant_
(a license is a GRANT, at least at one time the reverse of the license
said "Conditions of Grant").  The agreement stipulated a certain level
of activity, and adherence to law.  I don't think that should be a
one-time deal.

If a person loses interest and can't be bothered with renewal and a
new commitment, then his ticket should lapse.  It is not the same
thing as getting a social security number.

Rob
K5UJ