[AMRadio] Inverted V antenna

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 25 13:40:59 EST 2016

My understanding of the inverted VEE in addition to changing the pattern angles  is that it lowers the feed point towards 50 ohms.  I don't know if the first fellow to figure it out calculated that or he experimented by putting up a single support antenna, let the ends droop and said, "Hey, neat, it matches coax perfectly".  If the ground is a determining factor for the Z change, then making it vertical may do something strange.  It may act like a two direction sloper. Ground plane antennas do the same thing, they present a 35 ohm load like a vertical when the radials are 90 degs off the radiator, but let them droop down to 45 degs from horizontal and you can feed it with 50 ohm cable.

How much does a 40 or 80 meter inverted VEE on a tower under a triband yagi a few feet above it effect the yagi, especially on 15 meters?

Charlie, W4MEC in NC