[AMRadio] FW: "FAA Extension, Safety, and Security Act of 2016" to affect towers and masts over 50 feetin height.

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 13:39:15 EDT 2016

But Jack, no one thinks a pilot should be put at risk for radio.  It
is simply that what is being advocated is not necessary because there
are other better ways, such as simply requiring the weather tower /
wind tower folks to give a 30 day notice before putting up a tower in
the middle of a corn field.  That gives FAA time to issue a NOTAM, put
the tower on sectionals and so on.   Not to diminish the problem but
hams have been caught up in what is almost entirely or is entirely a
weather or wind tower hazard problem.  If they'd simply exempt ham
towers or specifically say the laws apply only to wind and weather
measurement towers there would be no problem, at least for us.

73

Rob
K5UJ