[AMRadio] Cell towers (was FAA Reauthorization Act H.R. 636, short tower regulation)

Bill Guyger bguyger at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 24 14:54:56 EDT 2016

I know Verizon sold all its assets that were not wireless to Frontier recently. Service which was marginal has gotten worse. I had to wait 7 days for a service tech to show up to repair a POTS line at one of my transmitter sites. It was so noisy I couldn't "talk" to the Burk remote control, then it went permanently busy
I had to go out to the site one stormy night and diagnose the problem and try to get it at least usable which I did by removing the carbon surge suppressors from the demark (bad idea I know) because even that hi Z load was enough to busy the line out. I reported the problem that night and it was 7 days before the tech showed up, and he was on loan from the construction division.
As far as people not wanting the infrastructure for their modern conveniences, to quote an old friend, "You can't F with Physics"!Bill AD5OL