[AMRadio] Cell towers (was FAA Reauthorization Act H.R. 636, short tower regulation)

Robert Bethman oldrotorheadsarge at outlook.com
Sun Jul 24 15:05:56 EDT 2016

Here in Manassas, VA  Verizon has shifted ALL copper lines to fiber optic service. We still keep the house phone even though both the XYL and I have cell phones.  To use them in the house we connect to the Verizon Wi-Fi router.  It keeps the data usage way down.
This system has a battery backup that will last for 8 hours in the event of power loss.  I weaseled the Installation Tech out of an additional battery to swap in and out.  This way I have at least 16 hours of use. That being said, it is extremely rare for this neighborhood to have power outages.  All power here is underground.
We used to use Comcrap for our ISP.  They got way out of whack with charges and pathetic service.  We went with Verizon for our ISP and everything runs geat!
We use AT&T for cell use. Not our choice, as our daughter has us on her plan.  It has been great!
Regards, Bob