[AMRadio] Landline vs cell

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 24 15:24:10 EDT 2016

My land line runs about $40 a month for just phone service plus the cheapest AT&T long distance option.  Along with the usual cordless phones in the house, I still have a couple rotary dial sets, which are the only ones that work during a power outage.  I have yet to find any cell phone of any type that can meet the audio quality of a landline pushbutton or rotary phone.  I hear dead quiet in my landline, but the cell is full of beeps and burps and an occasional part of a voice from somewhere else when in use. While they have put quality cameras in cell phones now, a better mic might improve things. The issue now is the masses that have no idea what a quality phone connection sounds like, and apparently don't really care.

Charlie, W4MEC in NC