[AMRadio] Landline vs cell

K3PID Ron.K3PID at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 24 19:50:03 EDT 2016

Hi Charlie! I got rid of the landline about 3 years ago when the AT&T bill
was almost $75 and the only people who called me on it were telemarketers. I
agree that the quality of the cellphone audio is very poor but it has
nothing to do with the microphone rather mostly because it is 100% digitized
with some pretty stiff filters applied. Another factor is that it isn't a
one-to-one connection as was the landline. The digital voice data is sent
and received much like a network where all is time sliced and shared so you
get bits and pieces at times... On the bright side, there are very few
conversations on my cellphone that I care much about the quality of the
audio. That's why most of my "phone" exchanges are as text messages...  And,
I have an extra $60/month to spend on my hobbies... hi hi

Ron K3PID