[AMRadio] FAA Reauthorization Act H.R. 636, short tower regulation

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 08:17:51 EDT 2016

I had family visiting over the weekend and we went for a drive out
west of my QTH yesterday afternoon.  Off to the left of the road I saw
a 100 foot free standing tower with a wind propeller at the top.   I
thought to myself, that guy is going to have to paint and lamp that
thing, then I remembered that in the congressional bill, there is an
exclusion for towers with windmill propellers over a certain length.
As if, that bigger propeller will magically prevent a plane from
flying into it.   You can tell the fixes were in on that legislation.

Rob
K5UJ