[AMRadio] rural landline

FRANK HUGHES hughes frsahu0003 at embarqmail.com
Mon Jul 25 18:04:24 EDT 2016

We have one POTS line.
Good old Western Electric 500 and 2500 sets.
There is no cable out here. Cell coverage in the house is intermittent.
The only Internet available is DSL, 10mb tops.
ADT fire and burglar alarms use the POTS line, as their cell option won't work here.

I have been told there are 51,000 building permits open here in the far West end of the county, everything that was Orange groves for
the last 100 years is now being paved with developments.

So possibly a cable company will show up here someday. Or not.
We have not had a TV in the house for 30 years now, no longer sure why we would want one.
73
Frank
KJ4OLL