[AMRadio] Landline vs cell

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 05:15:46 EDT 2016

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 9:12 PM, Robert Nickels <ranickel at comcast.net> wrote:
> Along the lines of this thread, I thought I'd toss out a plug for the book
> "Exploding the Phone" by Phil Lapsley.   It's a great read and while most of
> the phone phreaks weren't hams, one of the most notorious was, and the story
> of how these kids reverse-engineered the phone network will strike a chord
> with any of us who couldn't resist taking the screws out of every electronic
> gizmo in the house to see what was inside and how it worked.

Years ago, sometime in the '70s I think, Wayne Green W2NSD/1 published
an article in 73 on how to build a blue box.   I don't know who wrote
the article.  He got in so much hot water with AT&T that he had to
actually get back and destroy as many issues of 73 the month the
article ran as possible.

Rob
K5UJ