[AMRadio] Landline vs cell

Mark K3MSB mark.k3msb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 07:50:23 EDT 2016

>>"I had that put in for my convenience".
I feel the same way about my cell phone, I seldom carry the thing."

If a person lets a cell phone control them,  it’s not the phone’s problem,
it’s theirs.    Learn to manage technology.   It’s only going to get worse.

I’ve had a smart phone for years and carry it with me mostly all the
time.   I enjoy the convenience of being able to surf the net when and
where I want to.   If I get a call from a number not in my directory it
goes to voice mail.   If I get a call from a number in my directory, I’ll
answer it or not depending on where I’m at etc.

I, like most of you, get annoyed when people blather into their cell phones
and disturb others in a restaurant setting etc;  that’s not the phones
problem;  that’s the person’s problem.

I have a laptop and a desktop in my office.    I rarely take the laptop
home with me;  usually it’s when I decide to work from home due to bad
weather in the winter, or when I need to be at home for a delivery etc.
Unlike those that that take their laptops home with them,  people at the
office don’t expect me to answer email after work hours.   Why?   Because
I’ve managed their expectations.

A very select few people at the office have my cell phone number.   They
know not to give it out.  I have various coworker’s private cell phone
numbers and have efused to give it out to supervisors.   It’s a private
number, and I tell them I can’t give it out without permission.  End of
conversation.

When people complain that cell phones and other mobile electronics are too
controlling,  tell them to look in a mirror.   They’ll see the problem,
and it’s not the phone.

 Mark K3MSB