[AMRadio] : Landline vs cell

manualman at juno.com manualman at juno.com
Thu Jul 28 17:10:45 EDT 2016

Actually it was NJ Bell that became part of Bell Atlantic and then
eventually became Verizon.

Although I have cell capability here, I use it primarily when I'm away
from the home. At home I have cable that bundled TV, Internet, and phone
service into one package. 400 channels on the TV, 100 MB Internet, and
more features on my phone then I can remember. Overall, phone quality and
service has been great for years whether I'm using my 500-type phone or a
solid-state phone. I've had some horrible sounding phones over the years
that all eventually went into the trash. I can even use the cell phone to
access my cable company's 1.5 million Wi-Fi hot spots when I'm out
running around. I would never go back to POTS even if they gold-plated
all the deteriorating telephone lines and promised "reasonable" service.

Pete, wa2cwa