[AMRadio] HARA Arena to close

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 19:37:11 EDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 4:32 PM, Mark Foltarz via AMRadio
<amradio at mailman.qth.net> wrote:
> I don't have any particular fondness for the Hara arena - or the Trotwood parking enforcement !
> That place is a dump !I went to the Hamvention this year to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the first time I went. I could not believe how bad the entire site had gotten.It has been about 8 years since the last time I attended and it was not in good shape back then.And who could forget the exploding latrines of '97?
> I'm sure whatever venue DARA chooses things  will work out fine.

We'll see.  My only problem with HARA was the pavement outside.  If
they had paved the flea market lot it would have been okay for me at
least.  Maybe they'll find a new QTH and attendance will pick up.
The only danger is if a new location costs enough to where they have
to raise the fee for a flea market spot, turning off some sellers of
parts.  The really good stuff from my experience comes from
individuals and clubs or groups of hams, liquidating one or two SK
estates.  If they go too high dollar fancy (like a professional trade
show) and regular hams selling old parts are turned off then it will
be pointless to go except maybe for a day to socialize.

73

Rob
K5UJ