[AMRadio] FW: HARA Arena to close

w5jo at brightok.net w5jo at brightok.net
Fri Jul 29 20:21:37 EDT 2016

The Oklahoma City hamfest, Ham Holiday, is an example of what you say.  In
the past 10 years they have moved so many times that I call them gypsies.
About 10 years back they were in a State Fairgrounds building that allowed
people to drive in and unload, now you better bring some sort of conveyance
to move what you want to sell.

Attendance is less than half of what it was 10 years back, probably 150 vs.
around 500 in the past.  Poor performance, but the people running the clubs
involved are not worried about heavy equipment.  It doesn't take much to
move a 2 meter rig from the car to a table.

Jim
W5JO