[AMRadio] Band Plan

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 16:45:50 EDT 2016

The IARU is a paper international body that is just an extension of
the ARRL and other ARRL facsimiles in other countries.  They like to
look like they are part of the ITU with "international" and "union" in
their name but don't let that fool you--they have zero official
standing as any treaty forming UN type body and can only watch and
offer opinions.   They have these confabs where ARRL stuffed shirts
toddle off to gather and gas about ways of turning their bandwidth
derangement into reality and they can produce band plans until pigs
fly but it doesn't mean doo doo because the FCC is where the rubber
meets the road.   But they keep trying by framing their band plan in
the guise of "this is what other countries are doing and you should
conform..."

We need to be vigilant and really weigh in with the FCC if any of
their 6 KC dreams and other nonsense manage to wind up in some
official FCC docket.  Of course it doesn't hurt to pound away on the
ARRL but they'll probably ignore us.

73

Rob
K5UJ