[AMRadio] Two Dentron MLA-2500 HF Linear Amplifiers FS

Ken, W8EK kenw8ek at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 11:35:35 EDT 2016

Dentron MLA-2500 HF Linear Amplifiers For Sale:

I have two different Dentron MLA-2500 HF Linear Amplifiers
available.

The MLA-2500 is a good quality SSB linear amplifier with 600
watts total plate dissipation and a 1KW DC CCS input rating,
covering the traditional HF ham bands from 160 to 10 meters.

The MLA-2500 will produce an input power of 2KW PEP. Eimac data
gives the pair of 8875 triodes an output rating of 1174 watts (CCS).

The first MLA-2500 works just like it should.

This particular amp produces in excess of 1000 W when driven with
50 or 55 watts, depending on band. At 1100 W out, the grid current
meter just barely registers. The tubes are obviously in good shape.

This amp has had the filter caps replaced, but otherwise is "factory
stock" to the best of my knowledge, except that the power switch
has been replaced. It produces power as it should, and looks very
nice.

Paper work included for $800.
Pickup near Ocala, FL is certainly preferred.

The second MLA-2500 has lower power output.

This particular amp produces from 650 to 700 watts, depending on
band (obviously less on 10 m). This is about the same power as
a Heath SB-200. Although the tubes could be replaced, or it could
be retrofitted with other tubes, it can be used as if it is an SB-200
(with a MUCH heavier power supply). I have priced it accordingly
(as if it was a Heath SB-200).

This amp has had the filter caps replaced, but otherwise is "factory
stock" to the best of my knowledge. It looks very nice.

Paper work included for $400.
Pickup near Ocala, FL is certainly preferred.

Note that power was measured with an LP-100 A wattmeter, traceable
to NBS, and not some uncalibrated wattmeter.

I also have many other accessories available such as many
different types of microphones, HTs, VHF and UHF rigs, HF
and VHF/UHF antennas, connectors, miscellaneous accessories,
etc.
Just too many to list here. Please e-mail your requests.

Prices do not include shipping from Florida.
Pick up near Ocala, FL, just off of I-75 is preferred.

Thanks.

73,

Ken, W8EK

Ken Simpson