[AMRadio] Band Plan

Thomas Chesek tchesek at ptd.net
Fri Mar 25 15:13:14 EDT 2016

You might never know if your comments make a difference.  Did someone ever
offer you an opinion that you initially dismissed but later on thought it
was a good idea?  During the ARRL 100th Anniversary I wrote the QST editor
an email asking if it would be possible to publish an article regarding the
nuts and bolts of how the 100th ARRL Portable WAS event was coordinated.  I
was curious how they enlisted operators, what equipment was required etc..
I received what I call the usual blah blah blah answer as to how much work
it would be to have such a story and nothing was being planned along that
line.  Funny thing, later in the year just such an article appeared in QST.
I would like to think that my message and probably others who had the same
idea had an impact on them following through with writing an article.

Tom K3TVC