[AMRadio] This one was bizarre

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Mon May 2 13:11:28 EDT 2016

What happened was I was walking around and came to a table with a lot
of tubes, each one in its own little silo inside a box.  the box had
been divided up into these little cardboard slots, each 4 inches on a
side and maybe 7 or 8 inches deep.  I peered down into them and saw
what looked like a 5R4 in the old kind of flared bulb and pulled it
out.  When I saw the price I had to look twice and started laughing at
the guy doing the selling.  His defense was that he saw on eBay that
they were "very rare."  I carefully put it back knowing that with my
luck, I'd drop it and he'd demand $100.  Then I moved on.  If someone
wants that much he's a lost cause and no point in my talking to him
about it.

73

Rob
K5UJ