[AMRadio] Apachie TX-1

w5jo at brightok.net w5jo at brightok.net
Sat May 14 19:36:27 EDT 2016

Hi Patrick,

If you plan to use the Apache on AM there is no end to the modifications
that you can find.  I will let others tell you of them and urge you to
assess them before doing them.  You should decide what kind of audio
response you want as the Apache was designed to limit the audio, which
limits the bandwidth, in an era of transition to SSB.

As for the activity in Texas, OK, LA, AR, you will find activity on 3.890 in
the mornings around 6 or so and evenings.  Most of the stations on those
frequencies are from your area and would be glad to have you join in.  You
will find activity on 7.160 which requires an Advanced or Extra license so
look at 7.290/95 for AM in the daytime.  The 40 meter band has been long
lately so no telling who you will find.

Have fun and if you want or need help then find Jim, WD5JKO who lives in
Round Rock.  He is a respected AM operator and a very nice guy.

73,

Jim
W5JO