[AMRadio] New analog phone bandwidth petition

manualman at juno.com manualman at juno.com
Sun May 15 14:29:43 EDT 2016

The only reason I can think of to not limit the bandwidth is that it
typically makes one sound better (for whatever that's worth). However, if
you don't have a great sounding voice to start with, it won't make any
difference. The implication in the proposal is that SSB signals probably
could have a maximum bandwidth of 4 KHz. Overall, all of this, if
applied, would just eat up band space and generate tons of adjancent
channel interference. Frequency separation between adjacent transmitting
stations would, most likely, have to be increased to prevent
interference.

As far as the CW sub-bands (80, 40, 15 meters), other then 60 meters,
they're not really exclusive. They'e shared with RTTY and data.

Pete, wa2cwa