[AMRadio] New analog phone bandwidth petition

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Sun May 15 17:01:41 EDT 2016

The guy who filed the petition is in the KC MO area and has been a
Tech. class ham since around 1990 from what I recall, then he upgraded
to General in 2011.  He doesn't appear to be particularly active, if a
qrz.com webpage number of lookups figure is anything to go by.  I
know, some will scoff at that metric, but over the years, I have
observed a genuine correlation between number of lookups and operating
activity with hams who have had a callsign for at least a few years
and who are operating regularly, having at least a couple thousand
lookups.   Cyberhams, shack-on-a-belt types, guys who got a ticket for
the hell of it but never set up a station are the ones with around 100
lookups.

Rob
K5UJ