[AMRadio] Louspeaker CZC 49587

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 15:53:12 EST 2016

I have a speaker that goes with my RCH receiver, but it had a power supply built into it to run another piece of gear not associated with the RCH.  After removing all the 'not speaker' stuff, and cleaning it up, one of the things removed was a pot installed on a random piece of metal not original to the speaker,  and attached with two machine screws on the right side of the speaker.  It is obvious that this hole and the two screws and their holes  are original to the speaker being that they are cleanly punched while all the other holes were poorly drilled work.  Does anybody know what originally went in this hole, attached by 2 screws?  I thought maybe a low ohm rheostat volume control across the speaker terminals, but the solder work on the speaker does not seem to indicate anything was removed from the terminals.  Any ideas?

Charlie, W4MEC in NC