[AMRadio] INTERESTING FUN EXPERIENCES

WB2AHK at aol.com WB2AHK at aol.com
Wed Oct 5 18:48:19 EDT 2016

Up until the  last 6 months, i, for 18  years i operated  an  AM
transmitter remotely .   The  transmitter was operated on a STL link.

  My Receiving  spot was seven miles away from  the transmitter and it was
a AM only receiver, seven  land miles from the transmitter.    From time to
time  and over the years many SSB  only stations have called  me.
Obviously using a AM only receiver i could not understand them  very well with them
sending no carrier.  But, however, 100% of the  time i could hear them
perfectly as if they were operating on AM  when i  applied my seven miles away
from meAM carrier.   Yes ,  my Am receiver at my remote site was quite
happy.     Chet