[AMRadio] SW station on 28.947

Bill Guyger bguyger at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 9 18:32:46 EDT 2016

They may have a "unofficial" SW station. You'd be surprised at how many religious entities try to get away with under the table operations. Or maybe not..... There was a group here in Dallas that was supposed to be operating a FM booster, low gain antenna and 200 Watts (IIRC). They were running 2000 Watts with a 6 bay (again IIRC) antenna. The Feds finally shut them down. And there was a Spanish operation on the tower that KTCK FM is on just North of Decatur, TX. again 200 W. and a single bay antenna. They put up 2 bays and were also running 2 kW. Their operation in Houston was busted and the transmitter up here mysteriously disappeared over night. They just cut the feed line and the power wiring, grabbed their equipment and disappeared back into the wood work.

Bill AD5OL

Sent from my iPhone