[AMRadio] SW station on 28.947

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 18:47:25 EDT 2016

Last winter I kept hearing strange transmissions on 1980 kc.  CW,
music, lots of nonsense.  I didn't know what to make of it but
eventually figured out that two AM bc stations, one on 1160 running 50
KW and one on 820 running 5 KW were mixing and I was getting the
product of their groundwaves in my preamp, because I had no matching
networks or filters, just a random length wire.  a filter ahead of the
preamp solved the problem.  If I had been out in the country this
probably wouldn't have happened.  Anyway, maybe you are hearing some
sort of product Jim.  Take the licensed sw frequency of that station
and subtract it from 28947 then tune to the difference and see what's
there.

Rob
K5UJ