[AMRadio] SW station on 28.947

Bill Guyger bguyger at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 9 22:38:32 EDT 2016

Guys
Here's something interesting. I queried the FCC data base for WHRI as an AM station, no such license. I then checked all the AM stations in S.C. and there is only one AM in Rock Hill, S.C. and it is WAVO on 1150 kHz. 5 kW. day , .059 kW. night - yes 59 Watts. It is owned by WHVN, Inc. which sounds like a contraction of Heaven............
I then queried the WHRI call and found it is assigned to the International Bureau. So it may be a legitimate SW station. I have no idea how to search the International Bureau data base, I can't even see a listing under "Search FCC Data Bases". FWIW there is no FM licensed as WHRI either.
Bill AD5OL