[AMRadio] SW station on 28.947

Donald Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Sun Oct 9 23:13:29 EDT 2016

> The station identified and it is WHRI in Rock Hill, South Carolina.  I see
nothing
> on their web site about shortwave broadcasting.
>
> Jim
> W5JO

World Harvest Radio International (WHRI) is a shortwave radio station in the
United States, broadcasting conservative religious programming worldwide in
the English language on a number of frequencies. Part of the LeSEA Christian
broadcasting group, WHRI is based in Cypress Creek, South Carolina, with its
signal rebroadcast on its sister stations, WHRA in Greenbush, Maine and T8WH
in Palau.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Harvest_Radio_International

Here is a list of frequencies dated 2016.  Plenty on short wave.  Maybe
mixing products of some of those transmissions, or spurious images in the
receiver.

http://lesea.com/whr/frequencies/