[AMRadio] SW station on 28.947

w5jo at brightok.net w5jo at brightok.net
Mon Oct 10 08:12:08 EDT 2016

-----Original Message-----

> The station identified and it is WHRI in Rock Hill, South Carolina.  I see
nothing
> on their web site about shortwave broadcasting.
>
> Jim
> W5JO

Didn't they use to identify as World Harvest Radio International, and
broadcast religious programming on short wave?  I don't remember them being
in SC though. Indiana maybe?

Don k4kyv

What I heard, the signal was just above the noise and fading in and out, was
the call and a city name plus South Carolina.  I had the sensitivity set to
low to see if the signal would disappear, but it did not.  I did hear the
announcer say World Harvest Radio.  No telling were the transmitter was
because of their multiple locations but the identification could have been
their headquarters information and I missed the transmitter location on a
fade down.

Jim
W5JO