[AMRadio] Condx. caps

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 05:47:36 EDT 2016

We go through this every year or so with some ham trying to
"recondition" old electrolytics and it never works.  when you have a
rig to work on, or anything else, shotgun out all the old
electrolytics, clip off the leads on the can caps, and leave them in
place, ditto for the black beauties, and replace all with new
electrolytics, polypropylene film, disc ceramics, etc.

Those paper wrapped jobs, and the ones dipped in wax are the first to go.

73

Rob
K5UJ