[AMRadio] FCC's AM power

Robert Bethman oldrotorheadsarge at outlook.com
Mon Sep 26 16:50:04 EDT 2016

Ollie and All,

It doesn't matter whether it is an Autek or a Bird Peak reading meter.

They simply read the Peak Power Output Power.

I don't know a single watt meter that is capable of reading Peak Envelope Power.

There is far too much circuitry involved in reading PEP.  WE as a group of Amateurs don't have that sort of budget!

I suspect an oscilloscope of beyond normal calibrated one would do so either.

Even a darn good Tektronix Oscilloscope would be rather useless in an attempt to read PEP.

Regards, Bob N0DGN