[AMRadio] FCC's AM power

Donald Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Tue Sep 27 20:13:23 EDT 2016

> I sold the meter for about $650 with the one slug.  It was a special slug
> cover that much of the band, but was the classic Bird design with a diode
in
> the slug.   If I recall correctly they claimed 5% at full scale for
accuracy
> in a steady carrier but provided that formula for calculating the "true
peak"

That P.E.P. bull -Shi'ite isn't worth that kind of money to me.  I don't
remember ever paying that much for one  single piece of amateur radio
equipment in my entire life, except for my tower and radial ground system,
and I have some pretty top-of-the-line stuff in my shack.  Besides, that
pricey meter would be worthless here; not a sprig of co-ass, 50 ohms or
otherwise, in my entire antenna  system.

Don k4kyv