[AMRadio] Taylor tubes

Robert Nickels ranickel at comcast.net
Wed Sep 28 13:15:23 EDT 2016

A buddy gave me some old tubes when he was moving and in the bunch was a
Taylor tube 866 rectifier box.  Not real interesting - until I looked at
what was inside - a brand new Taylor T-20! Now this deserves to be used
in a transmitter - any suggestions of where to look would be appreciated
as I haven't even started to search yet but it's such a thing of beauty
it should be used in a classic line-up.

There was also what we'd call an "RMA Form" from Taylor Tubes -just a
little piece of nostalgia I though others might enjoy taking a look at:

http://i.imgur.com/R4AOYVY.jpg

They asked for a lot of information but it sounds like they also stood
behind their product, event to the point of "adjusting" the value of a
failed thoriated filament tube.

Another thing in that box were four 872A mercury vapor rectifiers - the
big brother to the 866, made by GE and new in their JAN boxes.   Anyone
having a legitimate use for them should drop me a line (i.e. not just
breaking them open to get the mercury ;-)) Free for the shipping cost.

73, Bob W9RAN