[AMRadio] The ultimate dumb question

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 28 15:18:01 EDT 2017

I purchased a couple tubes from ESRC, a pair of #58 for a receiver project.  They came in the original Raytheon boxes.  The box is built such that you can test the tube in a checker without removing it from the box, even has instructions on how to do that.  What it doesn't say is how to get the tube out of the box.  Yea, I can rip the box apart, but there does not seem to be a way to extract the inner sleeve holding the tube without ripping it up to do so.  Anybody know the secret, just in the idea of preserving the box, or in that era, who cared, so they just ripped it open?

Charlie, W4MEC in NC