[AMRadio] Yeeee Hawwww

W. Harris nbcblue at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 29 23:08:39 EDT 2017

"The more trained ham radio operators we have, the more likely we are to
actually be able to keep our bands and maybe get new ones."

Unfortunately they won't be trained. Just handed a license that means nothing.

Bill - K5MIL

________________________________

Hi Jim,

Not a proposal just yet, but the ARRL Entry-Level License Committee has
been gathering input from the Amateur Radio community with an eye toward
recommending either a makeover of the Technician license or an
altogether new entry-level Amateur Radio license class.

See:  http://www.arrl.org/arrlletter?issue=2017-04-06#toc03
ARRL Letter<http://www.arrl.org/arrlletter?issue=2017-04-06#toc03>
www.arrl.org
The American Radio Relay League (ARRL) is the national association for amateur radio, connecting hams around the U.S. with news, information and resources.

Some interesting quotes from the ARRL Letter:

"Frenaye said a lot of young newcomers don't seem to find the current
license manual very enticing, possibly due to the Amateur Radio
terminology and the manual's 12th-grade reading level, which he believes
should be lower."

"Frenaye is not afraid to respond to critics who say the entry-level
license effort and such initiatives as reaching out the Maker Movement
are just ARRL ploys to boost the Amateur Radio population and, in turn,
League membership.

"I guess the answer to that is, 'Yes, what's wrong with that?'" he said.
"The more trained ham radio operators we have, the more likely we are to
actually be able to keep our bands and maybe get new ones."

Phil - K9FH

xmpp:silencio at movim.eu
xmpp:silencio46682 at jabber.ru
sip:silencio at iptel.org