[AMRadio] Yeeee Hawwww

K5MYJ macklinbob at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 23:23:18 EDT 2017

The original Novice license did not require much (if any) technical
knowledge. It really only required the legal stuff and the 5WPM CW
requirement.

During their one year license period they had to learn enough technical
stuff to upgrade.

But to get new people the ARRL has been continuously DUMBING DOWN the
requirements for the current entry level.

And it has not rally worked. If you don't have a technical interest in radio
who needs Ham Radio? NO ONE!

In another ten or twenty years there won't be any Ham Radio.

I head very little HF CW here except on contest days. And I think a lot of
that is computer generated.

Today I turned on my 2M FM rig to check the local repeater activity. There
hasn't been any. Just the repeater identifying itself.

In this area Ham Radio is in decline.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Seattle, Wa.