[AMRadio] Ham Radio in decline?

donroden at hiwaay.net donroden at hiwaay.net
Sun Apr 30 11:04:04 EDT 2017

Quoting K5MYJ <macklinbob at gmail.com>:
> The people at W1AW just don't understand what is happening.
>
> The younger people now have their iTHING and the Internet. They
> don't need either Ham Radio or CB.

Agreed !!   My grandson passed his technician license when he was 12
years old.
He's in graduate school now and his friends around the States
communicate using a pocket sized screen on Facebook and Twitter.

I've been licensed since 1962, and just recently tried Echolink.
I can be at work and talk to people all around the world through an
Echolink, but what's the point ??   The *Magic* just isn't there.  I
could as easily just call the person in Australia on their cell phone
and talk QRM free.

I may be a dinosaur in a dying hobby, but I purchased a Valiant last
hamfest and I'm going back to my roots... ( also bought a DX-40 that
completes my original Novice station ).

Will this new license save the ARRL and as a secondary purpose.. Ham Radio ??

Doubtful.

Don W4DNR ( Life ARRL )

DonR