[AMRadio] Ham Radio in decline?

Jim Candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Sun Apr 30 14:25:52 EDT 2017

Darrell,
  The issue is bigger than that. Remember someyears ago we had the "occupy wallstreet" crowd? One desire of those young Americans was to have a living wage in return for doing nothing.  I am in the Semiconductor capital equipment business. Most of the employees I work with have gray hair, and are mid 50's and up. Off the street lower level employees are given at least $15 an hour with no experience! About 1/3 of them quit on the first day, and about 1/2 of them leave before the first break. Why? Well the work is not hard, but it is steady. Two issues prevail, 1.) they cannot look at their phone during company time, 2.) they need to be standing, and wearing a clean room bunny suit.
   So why would someone that only wants someone else to enable them (pay their way), where their main desire is to stare at their phone 19 hours a day while sitting on their butts want to get into ham radio? In the sate of NJ, 46% of Millenials live with their parents!

JimWd5JKO

    On Sunday, April 30, 2017 9:21 AM, WA5VGO <hbrnut at suddenlink.net> wrote:

 You are exactly right. I'm constantly amazed that so many allegedly educated people can be in such denial. When's the last time you saw a kid collect model trains, fly a kite, or form a bicycle club? It's a dying hobby and no amount of dumbing things down will change that.

Darrell