[AMRadio] Ham Radio

Robert Bethman oldrotorheadsarge at outlook.com
Sun Apr 30 15:36:59 EDT 2017

Those of us that still do operate will continue.  I have to take a pause before I can get my antennas back up where they need to be.

I absolutely have no room for 160meters.  Even 75meters is going to be a stretch.  I do have 40meters with a Double Bazooka.

I no longer have heavy tube gear.  My Arthritis has caused all of it to be disposed of.  I am now stuck with a factory refurbished Kenwood TS-2000.  I also have managed to obtain an ALS-1306 Solid State Amplifier.

I can put 10W AM into it and get full legal output.  I can go SSB or CW at full output into the amplifier.

The antennas have to wait until the outside part of my deck is stripped of the wood put down in 1993.  The new lumber is being delivered on May 3rd.  Then I have to install all of it.

So it will be the bottom half of May before I can do anything else.

I also have stupid restrictions by the city!  No tower unless I can guarantee it would fall ONLY on MY Property!  Since this parcel barely will fit the 70 foot Double Bazooka, that leaves me with far less height to run any antenna system.  Yet there are NO HOAs or Covenants.  Just some dumb Bureaucracy!.  I have had run ins with Zoning in the past.  I submitted my plans for this Deck in 1993.  Only to have Zoning call me directly, informing me that I was living in an illegal domicile!

I started to laugh at the fool!  She then stated, "You are not taking this seriously."  I told her flat out that any lawyer would GLADLY take this on!  Plain and simple, *IF* this is an illegal domicile, then this City has been Fraudulently collecting taxes since the City became such in 1973!  I flat let it be known that I WOULD pursue such a Law Suit for not only the taxes, but all the interest that would have accumulated on such funds!

This whole idiocy was based on a Survey that showed one corner of this house was 1/10th of a foot too close to the property line!  What a farce!

This individual then stated that I would have to put up a $200 bond and request a waiver.  I flat told her that it was NOT going to happen!

She finally told me to send a letter stating that I had NOT picked up the house and moved it.  So she got her dang letter!  My Deck Permit was approved.

Bureaucratic idiocy just astounds me!  Really, I just decided to arbitrarily reach down and move the house?  Whom is out of their mind?

This is what some of us have to deal with!

Now back to regularly programming!

Bob N0DGN