[AMRadio] Posting problems

w5jo at brightok.net w5jo at brightok.net
Sun Apr 30 17:47:24 EDT 2017

Hey guys,

Some people are having trouble posting.  The reasons are unclear and
different from one person to another at the moment.

Day before yesterday everything was normal for me.  Then yesterday I tried
address had been blacklisted by the Spambot.
I couldn't even send a message to QTH to notify them and see what the
problem was.  Finally I found a way to temporarily whitelist the address for
7 day and I may be temporary unless Brian is able to get the problem solved
before I run out of time.  Fortunately, everyone is very kind and respectful
here so there is very little if ever a need for me to be involved in an
exchange.  Thank all of you for that.

But some people who use the digest mode are having trouble so I thought I
would pass along something that has worked for me.

When you replay to a message you receive in the digest, hit the Reply or
All button, if you want to engage the individual use the Reply button.  When
I use the Reply All button I remove  individual names so they don't receive
more than one copy of the message, leaving only the AM Radio name in either
the To or CC field.

Then delete all messages and extraneous material other than the message you
want to  reply to in the body of the message.  This eliminates some
possibilities of being blocked.

Depending on the list, I even remove the Fw in front of the message subject
so it appears to be an original message.

I hope that will help some of you.

73,

Jim
W5JO