[AMRadio] Tech info for some mow dern stuff.

Robert Bethman oldrotorheadsarge at outlook.com
Wed Aug 2 16:27:23 EDT 2017

The TS-2000 will not tolerate its full SSB output on AM.

The Solid state Amplifiers, such as the ALS-1306 will only take 10W AM from a TS-2000 to develop full legal output.

That is why when I had to reduce the weight of rigs due to medical issues, I obtained a TS-2000 AND the ALS-1306.  Between them neither needs tuning, and they work great together.

The local club became the new home for the LK-500ZB.

I can talk to anyone I wish with this setup.  I've gotten into Alabama with no problem at all.

Regards, N0DGN