[AMRadio] Tech info for some mow dern stuff.

donroden at hiwaay.net donroden at hiwaay.net
Thu Aug 3 09:29:08 EDT 2017

Messiner EX Signal Shifter
Heathkit DX-40
Viking Valiant
Bauer 707
Harris MW1A one KW AM transistor rig
Harris SX1A and SX1  one KW FET class D pulse width

Collins S-Line ( the whole set... mike to 30S1 )
62S1 my first 2 meter SSB. worked a lot of OscarSats in the early 70s
with that combo

FT-747GX ... probably my favorite small plastic. It made me a lot of $$
as a signal generator in the AM Band tuning AM antennas and tuning units.
nice little PSK-31 rig. Sounds good on AM.

FT-767GX  My first "DC to Daylight" transceiver. Nice sounding AM
connects well to my CAT-1000 repeater controller as a remote base.
Countless dual band mobiles ...

even a Kenwood TR-751 2 meter SSB Mobile ( planned rover.. never implemented )

A pair of TS-2000s .... this radio does EVERYTHING ... maybe not as
well as some radios on specific frequencies/modes but I still marvel
at the design technology that went into this radio 18 years ago...
SkyCommand with a walkie... beats the 767/CAT1000 combo hands down.

I have enjoyed them all... I plan more AM operation with the broadcast rigs.
( or maybe the plastics with a 20db linear )

Like my dogs, once they come into the house ( ham shack ) they never leave.
They are all worth more to me just sitting quietly waiting on me to
decide just what to do than any $$ I might get from selling.

And the garage has a 1957 Chevy and a 1969 Chevy in various stages of
restoration....   I'm told it's a disease or mental defect.... hoarding.

Maybe the kids can find a reputable auction house when I go SK.

Don W4DNR