[AMRadio] Kenwood TS-2000

Robert Bethman oldrotorheadsarge at outlook.com
Thu Aug 3 12:28:11 EDT 2017

1. I never brought up the internal limit of 25 watts.
2. Yes, it *did* drive the Amp Supply LK-500ZB.  However it still looked like junk on the monitor scope.  No, I do not use a cheap scope!  I happen to use a Rigol DS-1102E.

3. One must severely reduce the output on AM, AND dial the modulation way down to see a GOOD result on the monitoring scope. I refuse to transmit a sorry distorted signal.

4.  I am well aware of the TS-930SAT internal fan structure.  Had to replace both of those very cheap Mabuchi sleeve bushing fans.  Replaced both with ball bearing PC CPU cooling fans, and reduced the power used by them.

I chose to replace the Amp Supply LK-500ZB with a SS amplifier for multiple reasons.  Heat in the shack, cost of replacing 3-500Zs, less weight to deal with since I now have an entire spine effected by Arthritis.  Handling excessive weight is indeed very painful.  [ I elected to simply state medical issues. ]

Emptied entire shack of BC-610s over this issue alone.  Moving 400lb beasts wasn't feasible any longer.

Regards, N0DGN

A.R.S. N0DGN [ Licensed Since 1980 ]
Bob
USA RET.