[AMRadio] Two tone audio generation

Robert Bethman oldrotorheadsarge at outlook.com
Fri Aug 4 12:44:18 EDT 2017

Jim,

I use these function generators for all sort of work.  They run right around $10 on the Bay.
They cover 1Hz to1MHZ.  They are very useful and produce sine, triangle and square wave outputs.

I obtained them already built, and in their own case.  They use 9VDC to run them.

I have a 30VDC 10A power source, and DC to DC adjustable voltage modules.  I also have a bunch of 3 digit LED voltage meters that will read down to the 1/100th volt when running in the 9VDC range.  They are powered by the power source when using a minimum of 2.7VDC.

A handful of these ran $10 also.

My only real expense has been the Rigol DS-1102E.  It was worth everything invested.  Reads up to 100MHZ, dual channel, full digital processing, and a display that gives voltage, frequency, and period on the display.

I keep computers out of the shack.  Mine are full tower systems with 25” HDMI Displays.

I avoid RFI like the plague.

Regards, N0DGN