[AMRadio] Ants and HOA's

Donald Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Sat Aug 5 23:36:12 EDT 2017

> A few reasons:  there are now (I'm told) some places where if you land a
job
> and don't want a long drive to work you pretty much have to live
> in a HOA.   HOAs are all over the place now apparently.

They are pretty much the default nationwide with new developments.  The
no-antenna rule is included in the boilerplate nearly all real estate
developers used to formulate their deed restrictions and that HOAs used to
formulate their rules, not because someone specifically objected to outdoor
radio antennas.  But the would-be purchaser has no choice but to sign the
contract that includes the restrictions, since in order to purchase the
otherwise desirable piece of property, it's a take-it-or-leave-it deal.  So
much for life in the so-called land of the free.

I like what you said, that any  licensed ham who thinks antennas are an
eyesore should  tear up his ticket and find another hobby.

Don k4kyv

---