[AMRadio] Ants and HOA's

Ron Lawrence W4RON w4ron at carolina.rr.com
Sun Aug 6 12:15:02 EDT 2017

When we bought our house I wasn't yet a ham, it'd be
3 years until I got my ticket, but I made sure we didn't
buy a house in a deed restricted HOA neighborhood.
I about drove our real estate agent crazy making her pull
the restrictions and covenants on any property we were
interested in. Any HOA put it out of consideration.

Back in the mid 90s I was president of our local ham radio
club and my phone number was listed in the as the contact
for anyone wanting to know about ham radio. I typically
got one or two phone calls a months from some ham that had
just moved into a new neighborohood in our county and
suddenly discovered they couldn't put up their antennas
and wanted to know what they could do. I told them to move,
you signed a contract when you bought the house and now
you're stuck. There are lots of books out there on putting
in stealth antennas, that's about your only choice.

Knee-deep in the cosmic overwhelm, I’m stricken
by the ricochet wonder of it all: the plain

everythingness of everything, in cahoots
with the everythingness of everything else.

73, Ron W4RON

http://radioheaven.homestead.com

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6ULchf6nR4xa1NWdENRU0tCNGc