[AMRadio] Ants and HOA's

WA5VGO hbrnut at suddenlink.net
Sun Aug 6 14:17:48 EDT 2017

On Aug 6, 2017, at 12:59 PM, Donald Chester <k4kyv at charter.net> wrote:

>> On Behalf Of WA5VGO
>> Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Ants and HOA's
>>
>> Why would anyone move to a place where you have to ask permission to
>> paint your own house, and be told the colors that are authorized?
>>
>> It's simple-esthetics. I got tired of having neighbors parking their
> Kenworths
>> and boats in the front yard or painting their homes hot pink.
>> My HOA homes have also always maintained property value much better
>> than the non-HOA. If I've got to choose between a hobby or my home and
>> family, the hobby's going to come out last every time.
>
> The same tired old bogus argument.
>
> Outdoor antennas, particularly wire  strung between trees and vertical masts
> in the back yard have absolutely  nothing to do with boats, tractor trailers
> or old cars in the front yard or painting the house pink. The killer with
> HOAs is the mindlessly inclusive boilerplate regulations inserted by default
> in nearly every present-day real estate development contract.
>
> As Rob just pointed out, a ham who accepts the idea that antennas are an
> eyesore, should tear up his ticket and find another hobby.
>
> Don

I'm not speaking in terms of antennas. I'm speaking to the whole concept of HOA's. You have to take or reject the entire package. Naturally, I believe modest antennas don't create a problem. All I'm saying is that for most people, the good outweighs the bad. I do believe it's a shame they're necessary, but there are always a couple of jerks that are hell-bent on destroying the property valves of everyone around them. It's a cross section of America. 10% of the people create 90% of the problems.

Darrell