[AMRadio] Ants and HOA's

Donald Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Sun Aug 6 15:59:56 EDT 2017

> I'm not speaking in terms of antennas. I'm speaking to the whole concept
of
> HOA's. You have to take or reject the entire package. Naturally, I believe
> modest antennas don't create a problem. All I'm saying is that for most
> people, the good outweighs the bad. I do believe it's a shame they're
> necessary, but there are always a couple of jerks that are hell-bent on
> destroying the property valves of everyone around them. It's a cross
section
> of America. 10% of the people create 90% of the problems.
>
> Darrell

But those "entire packages" don't have to be standard one size fits all, by
default, mindlessly copied from some out-of-state boilerplate document, with
no prior input from potential buyers.  I'd say 95% of the  residents in
those no-antenna restricted communities couldn't have cared less if someone
had a non-obtrusive tower or antenna behind his house, even if visible from
the street, and that VERY few people, even those with zero interest in
radio, would have consciously declined to buy a house in a neighbourhood
because the people down the street had a visible antenna on their property.

Don k4kyv

---