[AMRadio] Ants and HOA's

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 18:40:37 EDT 2017

> It's simple-esthetics. I got tired of having neighbors parking their
> Kenworths and boats in the front yard or painting their homes hot pink. My
> HOA homes have also always maintained property value much better than the
> non-HOA. If I've got to choose between a hobby or my home and family, the
> hobby's going to come out last every time.

My neighbor personal rules are simple:

Anything is okay except:

1.  Violations of law

2.  actions that negatively affect my home life

3.  actions that put my property or health at risk

Examples:
1:  You can't operate a meth lab or run a whore house.

2.  You can blast party music at 2 p.m. but not at 11 p.m.

3.  You can have a chem. lab next door but you can't enrich uranium;
you can blow off mowing your lawn but not if it gets so long you have
rats and rattlesnakes;  you can park junkers in the drive way and work
on them but when the yard gets full and rats move in I call County
Health Dept., you can have a fire in a fireplace inside but the
victory bonfire that can catch a tree on fire and next my house, is
no-go.

I'm easy to get along with--you can paint your house any color you
want.  Most of these "aesthetic" concerns (including antennas) have
never been proven to lower property values.

Life is a two way street:  I am easy and I expect my neighbors to be easy also.

73

Rob
K5UJ