[AMRadio] ARRL stance

Donald Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Fri Aug 11 00:43:52 EDT 2017

> On Behalf Of manualman at juno.com
> Sent: Thursday, 10 August, 2017 12:24

> Amateurs will be considered secondary users on the new bands so
> restrictions are necessary and important. Primary user, I believe, will be
the
> PLC.
>
> Pete, wa2cwa

PLC is not a primary user.  They fall under unlicensed Part 15, the same as
garage door openers, home wi-fi routers, cordless telephones, phono
oscillators, etc., and have no  legal  status.  The FCC is stretching the
Communications Act to limit licensed use of that part of the spectrum in
order to protect that obsolete technology.

Don k4kyv

---